10 facts to understand why Bogota is the city of human talent
Every person is born with a talent, with a unique way to understand and do things. If we combine all those abilities in one place, we can easily end up with a fully skilled, capable and diverse city based on human talent, like Bogota.
Here's a top 10 made out of good reasons to show you, why the human talent in Bogota is the best of both worlds.
1) Bogota has attracted more than 1,000 companies and USD 21 billion in greenfield investment projects, during the last decade.
2) Colombia is taking place as one of the strongest and most stable economies in Latin America with the third-largest workforce (24 million people) behind Brazil and Mexico, according to DANE (National Administrative Department of Statistics) and the World Bank data.
3) Bogota was ranked as the country's most competitive city in the City Competitiveness Index 2018 and also as the most innovative in the Province Innovation Index for Colombia 2017.
4) Bogota is home to the country’s largest labor force with 4.6 million people, more than Santiago de Chile and Quito combined (3.6 million and 877,000, respectively), and far above cities like Buenos Aires (1.7 million) and Panama City (799,000).
5) Los Andes and the Pontifical Xavierian University in Bogota were placed in the top 30 of the best institutions in Latin America out of 150 participants, based on the Times Higher Education (THE) ranking.
6) Bogota has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the country.
7) 1.504 multinationals choose Bogota as an operation hub to do business.
8) It is one of the most dynamic cities on the continent. Well recognized by having the fewest hiring restrictions according to the Labour Competitiveness Index 2017.
9) Between 8% and 17% of economically active Colombians speak a second language, according to Fedesarrollo data.
10) The National Learning Service (SENA) cost-free programs are becoming a powerful tool in order to practice and develop multiple skills demanded in different areas.