The International Art Fair of Bogota, otherwise known as ARTBO will be back between October 27 and 30, assembling the best of national and international art in CORFERIAS.
The International Art Fair of Bogota, otherwise known as ARTBO will be back between October 27 and 30, assembling the best of national and international art in CORFERIAS. ARTBO offers both a cultural and academic program, where every year it invites national and international galleries. ARTBO is intended to promote and position Bogota as a destination for culture and business, a platform for the arts in Colombia and one of the most important and internationally recognized quality fairs in Latin America.
This year there will be eight sections:
- The Main Hall, where you will find galleries from around the world, recognized for their trajectories and avant-garde proposals.
- Projects, which presents renowned contemporary artists.
- References, which exhibits works by landmark Contemporary Art masters.
- The Site, which proposes work, projects or actions requiring something more than booth space.
- Artecámara, displays the work of young Colombian artists.
- Book of Artists, presents the works of artists who work with books.
- Articularte are workshops and laboratories for attendees to participate in the styles and practices of contemporary art, and
- Forum which is a space to discuss contemporary art issues.
You can also observe the many techniques of the artistic field other than painting or sculpture, such as photography, video and installations.
Learn more at: http://www.artbo.co
Bogota receives many other important art fairs as well as ARTBO, among them:
- Barcú: Which arrives in its third version and will be held from October 26 to 31 in houses around the Candelaria and historic center of Bogota. This fair not only hosts the arts; you can also can appreciate other cultural currents such as film, music, theater and literature.
Learn more about the event and the agenda here: http://barcu.com
- Odeon: The sixth version will be here from October 28 to 31 at Espacio Odeon: Centro Cultural. There you will appreciate the contemporary art on display be Colombian, Latin American and Spanish galleries. You can also attend lectures and conferences on contemporary art and visit the exhibition of Brazilian artist Marlon de Azambuja, in-situ.
- Feria del Millón: The fourth edition of this fair comes to Bogota, where the main goal is to sell and publicize the work of different artists. The special feature of this show, as its name suggests is that the price of each artwork displayed has a cost of around one million pesos.
The fair has been so successful that in 2015 there were 10,000 visitors, 978 artists were presented and 56 national and international artists displayed their work. If you want to acquire art at an affordable price this fair is a must, from October 29 to 31 at Centro Creativo Textura.