Some interesting facts about the videogame industry in Bogota!
- The Industry growth in Colombia is growing faster that the regional average, leading to several investment opportunities in Bogota, especially in Mobile and Gaming, the fastest growing segments.
- Colombia is the fourth most important country in the industry in LATAM, only behind Brazil and Mexico.
- The number of companies dedicated to the video game industry tripled during the pandemic and had a growth of 190%.
- Over the last 4 years, nearly 22 thousand students have graduated from videogame and multimedia programs in Colombia.
- 91% of graduates hold technical or technological degrees (2-to-3-year career programs.
- Bogota is also home to 3 of the top 15 universities in LATAM and leading schools for the sector, offering educational programs in video games and multimedia, including careers in systems engineering, computer science, multimedia production, animation, digital design, among others.
- Bogota also offers competitive salaries for videogame operations.
- Since 2020 we have an incentive for foreign projects called CINA – as for Certificates of Audiovisual Investment in Colombia, which is a transferable tax credit.
And we have Colombian companies present at GDC! Download the PDF below to learn more about their services and to get in touch with them: