For more than 20 years, Bogota’s IT sector has provided Remote Infrastructure Management Services (RIMS) and Application Development and Maintenance (ADM) services for clients in a wide range of verticals. Thus, the abundance of trained human resources and top quality technological infrastructure, have consolidated the enabling environment to establish Bogota as an offshore platform for local and multinational companies.
- Scalability: In Bogota there is a population of approximately 65,000 graduates of engineering professionals related to the IT sector. Consequently, the labour market of Bogota, over 4,6 million people, is constantly strengthened, generating a greater scalability potential for IT operations in the city.
Engineering Graduates in Colombia (2001 - 2016)
- Talent-rich. Human resources: 49% of Engineering graduates are in Bogotá.
Bilingualism in Colombia - 2015
Additionally, Bogota concentrates the 71% of bilingual talent within the colombian labor market.
- Cost structure: The IT industry in Bogota offers an excellent cost-benefit ratio for wages, when compared to other Latin-American cities.
Average Salary for IT operations in Bogota USD 2016
- Strategic Location: According to the World Competitiveness Yearbook -IMD. Colombia was the first country in Latin America and one of the 10 countries in the region with the highest investment in Telecommunications. Additionally, three submarine cables have come into operation during the last year, completing an access to 10 submarine cables. This is a remarkable figure when considering the five existing in 2010.
- IT Infrastructure. In Bogota, all the necessary professional services for the industry are available, including a complete and robust IT value chain. Likewise, the city is making an effort to develop a tech-park project which will create a new incentive for companies seeking to settle in the city.
Bogota's IT Sector
81% of the medium and large IT companies in Colombia are in Bogota.
Concentration of the IT sector
Between 2012 and 2016, the IT sector grew in 2.56% in Bogota’s GDP.
IT Market Share in Bogota's GDP
If you need more detailed information, find in the lower part the information of our investment officers in charge of this sector.
Updated (mm/dd/yyyy): 02.22.2018